Three Little Pigs
Investigate and explore the making of a sustainable building to keep the pigs safe!
Story-telling and science is included in this interactive workshop and is suitable for Foundation Stage. It includes a visit to CAT’s own straw house!
- Duration I hour.
- Suitable for Foundation Stage (Reception, Year 1, Year 2).
- Focus on Literacy, Numeracy, Knowledge and Understanding of the World, Creative Development.
- £60 per session (up to 20 pupils).
Pupils explore the forest paths along the quarry trail, stopping in a clearing to retell the traditional tale of the Three little Pigs, using puppets and natural materials. Pupils will investigate the materials used in the story before continuing along the path to discover and explore buildings made of straw and wood which are sustainable and do not blow down!
This workshop takes place along our Quarry Trail, weather permitting. In the case of inclement weather the workshop will be based in our Strawbale Theatre. Pupils will explore paths and materials on our main site.
Skills and Curriculum Links
This workshop enables pupils to:
- Understand the properties of common materials.
- Explore a natural environment.
- Retell a traditional tale, orally and using drama.
- Investigate sustainable materials and find out about some environmental issues and solutions.
We’ve designed the workshop to allow teachers to develop understanding of the natural world and the importance of caring for it. Pupils will consider the need for humans to have shelter and safety and investigate sustainable and green building as an alternative to conventional methods. It will also provide an opportunity to develop story writing on the return to school.
- The workshop will take place in a woodland area, stout shoes and waterproof clothing are essential. In hot weather, sunhats should be worn.
- The workshop location can be adapted for pupils with restricted mobility.
Get in touch to make an enquiry or to find out more.