International Students

Join us and become a changemaker by studying from a distance.

Students join CAT courses from around the world. From Cambodia to the Cambrian coast, we have people studying with us from nearly every continent. Most international students join us via distance learning.

Student Visas

If you are an international resident that would normally require a student visa, you can study our courses via distance learning (except MArch Sustainable Architecture). Alternatively, you can choose a mixture of residential and distance learning if you are eligible for a 6-month student visa. Check the UK Government website to see if you require a visa to study here in the UK.

In the near future we hope to have a Tier 4 licence. Currently, we do not have one. This means that unfortunately we can’t enrol students from outside the European Economic Area for full-time residential study.

English as a non-native language

If you speak any other language as your first language, you may be asked to provide us with evidence of your English language proficiency. An overall IELTS level of 6.5 is required, with a minimum level of 6.0 for each component, or other proof of English language competency, e.g. a letter from your employer if English is used as their business language.


There is a separate fee structure for international students; your course page will tell you more.

Studying at CAT sitting thousands of miles away in Muscat... I've never been away from the tutors, and regular seminars allow me to have clarity on matters instantly. Seminars planned at different times allow me to select the time that suits me. Doing distance study helps me to continue working and studying at the same time. I would strongly recommend studying by distance at CAT.
Sarath, Muscat

Sarath, Muscat

Contact us

Get in touch with the Graduate School or sign up for our e-news