Build a Small Wind Turbine (Sold out)March 14, 2020 - March 15, 2020
Home » Build a Small Wind Turbine (Sold out)
Generate electricity with a homemade wind turbine.
Join Tom Dixon of V3 Power to build a wind turbine yourself, from scratch.
Drawing on over ten years of experience in teaching people how to build small wind turbines, Tom has developed a new design, customised to help you learn the most practical and theoretical skills in a short amount of time.
- Duration: two day
- Upcoming dates:
- Start and finish times: 10.00am to 4.00pm
- Fees: £200
- Includes: tuition, all materials, full board share accommodation (single accommodation is available for an additional fee of £20)
- What to bring: as this is a highly practical course, safety boots are required. We also strongly advise you to bring waterproof clothing.
- Terms and Conditions:
- you must be 18 years or over to attend our courses.
- For full list of terms and conditions click here
What you will learn
Learn to build an electricity generating wind turbine from simple materials, using a range of hand tools and techniques. You will carve a wooden blade, turn a copper coil, manipulate powerful magnets and fabricate a metal mounting together as a team. Once all the parts are brought together the complete turbine is tested on a short tower and you will see your hard work rewarded as the batteries fully charge.
- By hand building all the elements you will gain confidence in your own practical ability.
- The range of tasks involved allows you to get a sense of which skills you may be interested in developing further.
- Get a fantastic sense of achievement as you see the project develop from a pile of raw materials through to a fully working system, and get a greater understanding of the underlying scientific principles involved.
This course is ideal for a community group, bunch of friends, a team-building exercise, or anyone else looking to get their hands dirty.
Meet your Tutor
Tom Dixon has a background in physics and is V3’s most rounded engineer. He has taught on nearly 50 wind turbine courses and overseen over 30 installations.