Transform waste pallets into gorgeous bespoke furniture for your home and garden
A hands-on workshop for anyone who wants to get started with upcycled furniture. Tutor Carwyn Lloyd Jones will take you through every step – from sourcing your pallets and planning your project to marking out and using power tools safely.
- Duration: one day
- Upcoming dates: please see booking section below for all available dates
- Start and finish times: starts at 10am and ends at 4.30pm
- Fees: £55
- Includes: tuition, all materials, lunch
What you will learn
This course provides an overview of the tools and techniques used in taking apart a pallet and upcycling it into something new and unique.
The step-by-step hands-on workshop covers:
- Pallet sourcing
- Taking apart a pallet
- Using the whole pallet with as little waste as possible
- Ways of connecting/joining planks together
- Marking out
- Using hand tools safely
- How to use power tools safely
You will gain practical skills and experience of materials, tools and construction as you go through the initial stages of constructing a piece of furniture.
Meet your tutors
Your tutor Carwyn Lloyd Jones has over 20 years’ experience in the construction industry and is an expert in timber framing. Carwyn and his designs have starred in George Clarke’s Amazing Spaces and Cabins in the Wild; the Build a Tiny House course that he teaches at CAT has been featured in The Guardian.