Energy Generation from Wind (Sold out)March 08, 2021 - March 12, 2021
Home » Energy Generation from Wind (Sold out)
An in-depth look at wind power.
Join students from CAT’s Masters degree in Sustainability in Energy Provision and Demand Management for an intensive study week exploring all the key aspects of generating electricity from wind.
- Duration: five days
- Upcoming dates: Mon 8th – Fri 12th March 2021
- Start and finish times: starts at 11am and ends at 4pm on the last day
- Fees: waged £750; low waged / concessions £700
- Includes: tuition, all materials, full board shared accommodation
- What to bring: as this is a highly practical course, safety boots are required and waterproof clothing is recommended
- Terms and Conditions:
- you must be 18 years or over to attend our courses.
- For full list of terms and conditions click here
What you will learn
Gain an informed understanding of wind power generation from a number of different perspectives, including technological aspects, the policy environment, maintenance needs, environmental benefits and impacts.
Topics covered include:
- Technological aspects of wind generation
- Assessing wind resource using complex and simple methods
- Site development issues both onshore and offshore
- Planning impact assessment, and social attitudes
- Wind economics and policy support
- Current market for wind energy, the potential for wind, and policy measures to deliver the potential
- Niches for wind, small schemes, onsite generation and community owned schemes
- International comparisons
Joining this module as a short course offers networking opportunities and enables you to become part of the wider network of CAT Masters students working in the field of sustainability.
All content of the course is taught through lectures, seminars, practical workshops, presentations and demonstrations, and throughout this process an active exchange of views and opinions is encouraged.
Meet your tutors
You will be taught by a range of expert lecturers and guest lecturers from CAT’s Graduate School of the Environment.
Zero Carbon Britain: Live online27th January 2021
Compost Toilets: Live online6th February 2021