Start growing apples, pears and soft fruits.
Learn how to propagate, prune and protect from disease as you get started with growing your own fruit trees.
- Duration: two days
- Date: Saturday 30th – Sun 31st March 2019
- Start and finish times: starts at 10am and ends at 4pm on the last day
- Fees: £60 without accommodation; additional £70 for full board accommodation at CAT
- Includes: tuition, all materials
- What to bring: as this is a highly practical course, safety boots are required and waterproof clothing is recommended
What you will learn
Thriving fruit trees are a joy to behold, but the practices of propagation, pruning and disease control can seem confusing.
This course unlocks the mysteries by looking at the science behind fruit growing, and puts it into practice with hands-on sessions.
We concentrate on apples and pears, but cover other fruits such as damsons, figs and soft fruit.
Each student will graft and take home their own apple tree.
This course can be taken on its own or as part of a Certificate in Field Ecology.
The University of Aberystwyth School of Education and Lifelong Learning aims to offer a range of accredited (intensive) courses at CAT to enable students to gain a Higher Education Certificate in Field Ecology.
Course fees are £60 and full board accommodation at CAT costs £70. Please book the course through Aberystwyth University (01970 621 580) before booking your optional full board accommodation at CAT.