Two HETAS courses combined at a reduced price!
Accredited course for professional installers. Learn from independent experts in a purpose-built training space.
- Duration: four days
- Upcoming dates: please see booking section below for all available dates
- Start and finish times: starts at 9am and ends at 5pm on the last day
- Fees: fees only £890; accommodation is available with full board for an additional £174 (shared) or £234 (single)
- Includes: tuition, all materials
- What to bring: as this is a highly practical course, safety boots are required and waterproof clothing is recommended
This course is for candidates who have the relevant work experience within the heating/plumbing or construction industries. Successful completion of this course leads to certification that can be used for registration on the HETAS competent person registration scheme for installation of dry appliances (HETAS Registered Installer) and HETAS Approved Chimney Sweep status.
The H003DS course features information on all relevant Building Regulations as well as the British and European standards currently used in the solid fuel industry.
There will be both theory and practical training on:
- Instruction on all aspects of dry appliance installation
- The correct installation of hearths and fireplace
- Different types of chimney and connecting flue pipe
- Identification of faults and the correct use of terminals
- Commissioning and servicing of dry solid fuel appliances
Candidates will undertake a theory examination and practical assessments following their classroom tuition. Successful completion of this course can lead to HETAS registration as a competent installer, which means you are able to sign off your own work with Building Control bodies.
To attend this course you will need at least one of the following:
- OFTEC technician with scope of work categories 101,102 or 105e.
- Demonstrable appropriate previous work experience on dry stove installations with at least three installations.
- Registered Gas Safe Registration operative with work categories CCN1 and HTR1.
- Registered member of GOMCS, APICS or NACS.
- Successful completion of the CAT Stove Installers Course. We recommend you take this course before H003DS as it is a better learning experience in this order. Please note that if you are using this course to evidence eligibility then CAT will only submit your H003DS and H006 exam results to HETAS once you’ve successfully completed this course.
The HETAS H006 course provides training for the installation of twin wall rigid system chimney in residential properties.
This course is for Registered Installers wishing to expand their competencies to include design, installation and notification of Internal System Chimneys into residential properties. It is also suitable for construction professionals looking to learn about appropriate chimneys for solid fuel and system design. The course discusses system components and installation technique in relation to the various elements of a domestic structure.
This short course provides training on:
- Design considerations
- Chimneys, flues and terminals
- Installation or twin wall insulated stainless steel system chimneys into residential properties.
The course will discuss system components and good installation practice in relation to the various elements of a residential structure, i.e. passing through walls, floors, ceilings and roof spaces as well as terminal location.
The H003DS or H005DE course is a prerequisite for this course.
HETAS information and charges
If you are not already a HETAS Installer, you can read about the benefits of becoming one here
If you wish to register as a HETAS Installer you can find the forms here
For information on HETAS Registration costs and other charges please click here
Meet your tutors
Your tutor Fin runs his own stove installer business and has many years’ experience in installing and training installers.