Plant DiversityOctober 04, 2019 - October 06, 2019
Home » Plant Diversity
What’s the difference between grass, ferns and mosses?
They are plants and have green leaves. Yes, but we need to know a great deal more about the diversity of plants to develop an interest in the environment, field biology, wildlife and gardening.
- Duration: three days
- Upcoming dates: 04/10/2019 to 6/10/2019
- Start and finish times: starts at 10am and ends at 4pm on the last day.
- Fees: £120; concessions £110 (paid via Aberystwyth University). Optional full board accommodation at CAT £130 (shared) or £170 (single)
- Includes: tuition, all materials, full board accommodation
- What to bring: waterproof clothing is recommended
What you will learn
Find out the science behind sorting out members of the Plant Kingdom. (The secret is in their life cycles and structure of their reproductive organs!).
From A for Anemone to Z for Zinnia and all types of conifers, horsetails, ferns and mosses in between, their relationships to each other will be revealed. By examining their structure and studying the evolutionary processes that resulted in this diversity of form, you will be able to place plants into related groups.
There will be plenty of specimens to examine. This is a fascinating and essential core course for both ecology Certificates.
It is an excellent background for anyone interested in other courses involving plant life.
Meet your tutors
Build a Tiny House (Sold out on this date)27th August 2019
Fixing your damp house – cancelled on this date27th August 2019
Hempcrete – Retrofitting for self-builders (Sold Out)7th September 2019