Dates have been announced for short courses on Zero Carbon Britain in 2015. Following a successful course this year with 15 participants from diverse environmental projects and grassroots campaigns, we will be running two courses during 2015.
The first is a weekend course running from Friday 6th to Sunday 8th February
The second course takes two nights during the week: Wednesday 2nd to Friday 4th September.
The courses offer an in-depth introduction to CAT’s latest Zero Carbon Britain research, a robust, evidence-based scenario that explores ways we can deliver a climate positive future whilst also maintaining a modern lifestyle.
The course also covers how Zero Carbon Britain can be successfully used as a powerful tool for groups and individuals to inspire positive action, stimulate debate and build consensus in their communities and places of work.
The course is aimed at Local Green Groups, Transition Towns, FOE groups, CAT members, activists and anyone with an interest in positive sustainable futures
Participants will leave with:-
• Overview of the key environmental challenges
• Long term perspective on relationship between human beings and energy
• Detailed introduction to the ZCB scenario and how it meets climate challenges
• Detailed session on energy modelling and land-use/diets
• How ZCB can offer an national perspective to local action
• Suggestions on how ZCB has been used as a tool for local groups
• Training on how to use/present ZCB.