CAT seeks an Executive Assistant to join our team and assist our Chief Executive, Finance & Operations Director, Senior Management Team and charity Trustees.
The Centre for Alternative Technology is an education, research and visitor centre demonstrating practical solutions for sustainability. CAT inspires, informs and enables people to achieve positive changes in their personal and work lives and local communities. CAT is a national charity based in mid Wales and celebrated its 40th anniversary in 2014.
This permanent post will be based in and around CAT’s site located at the picturesque Llwyngwern site, within easy reach of Machynlleth, the Snowdonia National Park and Cardigan Bay. The site is also within the UNESCO Dyfi Biosphere reserve, which is an area noted for its natural beauty, biodiversity and active sustainability and renewable technology businesses and communities.
This post is an exciting opportunity to support the leadership of a national charity, at a time when the organisation is striving to increase its impact in working for a sustainable society.
- Salary: £19,227.57
- 37.5 hours per week
- Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
- Working Days: Normally Monday to Friday
- Closing date for applications: 5.00pm 22nd November 2019
Diary and office management:
- Organisation of the Chief Executive’s diary, including planning and arranging meetings, appointments and travel and collating information ahead of meetings.
- Monitoring of the Chief Executive’s e-mails, post and phone calls and dealing with administrative matters.
- To provide organisational and diary support to the Chair and other Trustees when needed.
- Maintain records of Board and management minutes, correspondence with Companies House and the Charities Commission and other official documentation.
- To provide administrative support to the Finance & Operations Director and other members of the Senior Management Team as needed.
- To maintain and develop office systems.
- Collating and circulating agenda papers for Board and management meetings and other meetings as required.
- Taking minutes at Board and management meetings and other meetings as required and maintaining action logs.
- To maintain and communicate a programme of Board, management and other meetings.
- To support communication with Trustees between meetings.
- To support the Finance & Operations Director and Chief Executive Officer, in ensuring the organisation adheres to its governing documents.
Other administrative support:
- To support the Finance & Operations Director, Chief Executive and Chair, in the collation and submission of annual returns and other correspondence with the Charity Commission and Companies House.
- To provide cover to other functions in the central admin team as needed.
- Providing other administrative support to the Chief Executive and Senior Management Team as needed, such as proof reading, collating reports and basic web research.
- To be responsible for the administration of the Charity’s Data Protection compliance and the reporting of any breaches to the relevant authorities.
To learn more about the role download the full job description:Executive Assistant