CAT seeks a Senior Lecturer in Sustainability and Behaviour Change to join our team and help teach Masters students at our Graduate School of the Environment.
CAT is an educational charity dedicated to researching and communicating positive solutions for environmental change.
The Graduate School of the Environment (GSE) at the Centre for Alternative Technology (CAT), runs some of the leading postgraduate programmes in the field of sustainability in the UK. The GSE team leads the way in the advancement of post-graduate environmental education. The work of the GSE is central to CAT’s mission of equipping people with the skills and knowledge to deliver practical solutions for sustainability.
Click here to learn more about our Graduate School of the Environment
The Senior Lecturer in Sustainability and Behaviour Change main area of responsibility will be lecturing and helping developing our MSc Sustainability and Behaviour Change. But due to the network structure of our courses, it may also involve periods of time in support of the following programmes as well:
- MSc Sustainability and Ecology
- MSc Sustainability and Adaptation
- MSc Sustainability and Adaptation Planning
- MSc Sustainable Food and Natural Resources
- MSc Sustainability in Energy Provision and Demand Management
- MSc Green Building
- Salary: £36,261 per annum, pro-rata
- 0.6 FTE (Full-time = 36 hours per week)
- Responsible to: Programme Leader and the Head of School.
- Working Days: May be spread over 7 days with some evening and weekend
- Closing date for applications: 9.00am 1st July 2019
- To lead the academic and administrative aspects of the module(s) including assessment, with the resources available as agreed with the Programme Leader.
- To develop and update existing modules as required and develop appropriate teaching, learning and assessment strategies, using a range of delivery techniques to enthuse and engage students.
- Contribute towards programme development associated with the modules in consultation with the Programme Leader and Head of School.
- Arrange for the delivery of lectures, workshops, seminars, presentations and other relevant activities within modules.
- To monitor the outcomes of modules as required by the Programme Leader.
- Proactively interact with students and staff to offer, or facilitate, appropriate guidance and ensure deadlines are met.
- Contribute teaching and academic expertise to other aspects.
To learn more about the role download the full job description:Senior Lecturer in Sustainability and Behaviour Change
Please read the documents below before completing your application:
- Guidance Notes for Job Application
- Statement on recruitment for ex-offenders
- Data Protection Statement
- Employment Application Form