Half-term highlights with an autumn theme
Throughout the October half term CAT will be running seasonally themed kids activities in the straw bale theatre ( 11am-3pm Monday to Friday). From celebrating the harvest and the coming winter to story telling, crazy inventing and our specially designed educational tours for children. For adults we will be running zero carbon Britain workshops and specialised tours of CAT. Check out the visit.cat.org.uk website for specific timings.
With over 7 acres of hands-on displays and gardens and with 40 years of experience in sustainability practice, the Centre for Alternative Technology (CAT) inspires thousands of visitors every year. Based in beautiful Mid Wales, the Centre overlooks the Snowdonia National Park, renowned for its stunning scenery and outdoor activities. Join us with your family, friends or come alone and explore what you can do!
This summer there are loads of special activities going on throughout the half term school holidays. There is bound to be something you love, perhaps you want to:
- Ride on our water powered cliff railway
- Explore our 7 acre exhibition site (map)
- Enjoy the scenic beauty and nature of Mid-Wales
- Play our Eco games
- Become a Crazy Inventor
- Learn about CAT on a Guided Tour
- Participate in Specialist Tours about renewable energy systems
- Take part in a workshop and learn something new
- Get to Zero on our Zero Carbon Discovery trail
- Be part of our Living Laboratory and woodland crafts and sustainable building in action
- Get answers to your questions with our free information service
- Nourish yourself with mouthwateringly good food from our renowned restaurant
- Take something home from our onsite Eco store
If you buy your ticket in advance online and choose to gift aid your donation. £8.50 at the gate.
- Free to local residents (SY20/SY19), CAT members, carers and children under 3
- Reductions for concessions and children
- Reductions for groups of 10+
Open 10am to 5pm 7 days a week.